Going To Our Operating Room
Plastic Surgery in New Jersey – Paramus / Bergen County
- Going to the operating room is not a normal experience for most of us. Dr. Zubowski and all of the professional staff caring for you recognize the natural anxiety with which most patients approach this step in the process of achieving their goals. We believe a description of the surgery experience will be helpful.
- Your surgery will be performed here at SurgiCenter in our state-of-the-art operating suite. Specialists using modem equipment and techniques will attend to you. The team includes a board-certified anesthesiologist, a trained operating room technician and a registered nurse in charge of the operating room.
- When you arrive at SurgiCenter, you will be escorted to the surgery suite. You will be asked to change into a gown and robe and will be given foot covers. Dr. Zubowski and the anesthesiologist will meet with you before you enter the operating suite. This is the time for final surgical planning; it is also when we will do basic preparation or draw on your skin as needed. There will be time for last minute questions.
- Once you enter the operating room, the staff will do everything they can to make you feel secure. You will feel comfortable on our deeply padded operating table, and the nurse or the anesthesiologist will start an intravenous drip in your arm. At the same time, to ensure your safety, our staff will connect you to monitoring devices. Medicines that will make you drowsy will flow through the tubing into a vein in your arm.
THE RECOVERY ROOM
- When your surgery has been completed and your dressings are in place, you will be moved to the recovery room. You will be connected to monitoring equipment constantly. During this period, a fully trained recovery room nurse will take care of you and remain with you at all times. The registered nurses in the recovery room are specially certified for advanced cardiac life support. The recovery room is equipped just like one in a hospital, and that is one of the reasons SurgiCenter is fully accredited.
- Your stay in the recovery room will last from 1 to 4 hours, depending on how soon you are ready to leave. Most patients are fully awake within 30-60 minutes after surgery but may not remember much about their stay in the recovery room.
POST SURGERY ARRANGEMENTS
- AT HOME: You must arrange for someone to bring you to and drive you home from the surgery center. Either a family member, a friend, or a nurse must remain with you the first night after surgery because you will have been sedated.
Dr. Zubowski and his team of experienced medical professionals strive to ensure that their plastic surgery NJ patients feel safe and well cared for before, during and after their treatments. This is why they take the time to answer any questions and to provide personalized care for all of their NJ breast augmentation, face lift, and rhinoplasty patients. Similarly, Dr. Zubowski and his nursing staff provide the highest quality treatments for their NJ liposuction and body contouring patients.
Back to top